- Learn how to use the hob and oven. Learn different practical skills such as rubbing in, knife skills, pastry making and cake making. Theory work is taught to match the practical work
- Design and use sketch up to make a restaurant linked to the design museum
- Design and make a pewter pendent using a range of wood shaping and pewter casting skills
- Design and make an fabric roll based on day of the dead using applique, hand sewing, machine sewing and stencil print
- Design and make a two course meal based on a culture or a special diet
- Design and make a take away packaging box for the design museum
- Design and make an acrylic clock
- Design and make an ugly doll using a range of decorative techniques and a mixture of machine and hand sewing
In Food we seek to develop in our students a sound understanding about food and the important role food plays in a healthy lifestyle.
We teach the basic practical cookery skills and focus particularly on Healthy Eating, Safety and Hygiene, Diet and Nutrition.
Students in Year 7, Year 8 will generally cook once a week. They will always have at least a week’s notice to enable them to source their ingredients and we will provide recipes for them to follow. Recipes are available to view on the school website.
Miss E Wicks - email@example.com